NSW: Q&A Who Do I Contact for Repairs to Common Property?


Question: Is it allowable/acceptable to get in touch directly with strata manager for unit repairs to common property, rather than go through the executive committee?

Answer: Yes, because in all likelihood, before the strata manager issues a work order for the repairs (subject to the extent of repairs), the strata manager will seek approval from the strata committee to determine if the matter is a proper expense of the owners corporation.

For the full question and our detailed response, visit the original publication at Look Up Strata. Do you have a question relating to your property or development? Contact us!

Please note that this article is provided for information purposes only and is not a substitute for professional legal advice.