Question: As an owner do I have the right to approach committee members for information about current issues and does the committee member have the right to share that information?
Answer: You have automatic rights to be apprised of all current issues affecting your scheme.
While an open relationship with the strata committee is to be encouraged, you have automatic rights to be apprised of all current issues affecting your scheme. You are entitled to copies of all minutes of meeting and decisions made (see below emphasis added).
Schedule 2, 17 Minutes and other records
- Records to be kept A strata committee must cause to be kept a record of its decisions, any notices given under this Schedule and full and accurate minutes of its meetings.
- The minutes must include minutes of all resolutions passed in accordance with this Schedule.
- Distribution of minutes and records of motions Within 7 days after a meeting of a strata committee or the passing of a resolution by the strata committee, the strata committee must provide copies of the minutes of the meeting or of the resolution in the following manner:
- by giving each member of the strata committee a copy,
- by giving each owner a copy, if the strata scheme is not a large strata scheme,
- by giving an owner a copy, if the strata scheme is a large strata scheme and the owner requests a copy within the period of 7 days.
For the full question and our detailed response, visit the original publication at Look Up Strata.
Do you have a question relating to your property or development? Contact us!