Q&A: Which steps to take when renovating strata unit (NSW)?

A LookUpStrata reader wanted to know which steps they should take to obtain the appropriate approval before renovating their strata titled unit in NSW.

People who attended our Client Forum on 17 July will know the answer to this, as it was covered in Monika Jandrek’s presentation.

In summary they should have a lawyer prepare a common property rights by-law for inclusion in an agenda of the Owners Corporation. They will need a Section 108 motion for the improvements etc. which their lawyer will automatically include the motion. Rather than use standard by-laws, we always recommend the use of bespoke by-laws, drafted by your lawyer, to ensure your exact works and the intent of the by law is properly covered.

Read the full article and our detailed response here.